Director Engineering (m/f)
How the world's top manufacturing companies turn risk into a competitive advantage.
We are a SaaS startup with an innovative data-driven service that enables companies to proactively mitigate risks in their supply chains to protect revenues and reputation. We are backed by reputable Venture Capital firms and our award winning experience in procurement and supply chain, together with a great product at the right time, has placed us on an excellent growth trajectory.
We are a SaaS startup with an innovative data-driven service to help reduce supply chain disruptions due to natural disasters, sanctions and many other causes. We create visibility for the eco-friendliness and sustainable production policies of companies world-wide. Founded in 2013, we already received several awards and prizes. Headquartered in Munich and with offices in Boston and Wroclaw, we are a team of more than 100 employees from more than 30 countries. We are backed by great investors and solid finances and offer a great product at the right time, allowing us to be on an excellent growth trajectory.
We are working with a Ruby/PostgreSQL/React stack, with a lot of Sidekiq data crunching under the hood, serving our web, iOS and Android applications.
We are growing rapidly! Therefore, we are looking for an experienced Director Engineering (m/f) to make the operational machine behind our product run smoothly and efficiently!
- You will hold a key position in a fast-growing startup in Munich
- You will lead two teams with 10 developers from 7 nations
- You guide the developers with your deep technical knowledge of web and mobile applications
- You work closely together with our Quality Management and Product Management departments to turn visions into software
- You report directly to the C-level
- You optimize the operational aspects and software methodologies
- You extend and grow the development teams in Munich and Wroclaw, Poland
- You are a dedicated leader with 2+ years experience in leading development teams
- You have excellent German and English communication skills
- You have completed Computer Science university degree (or related/similar)
- You possess experience in Scrum and Project Management tools
- You have at least 5+ years work experience in Development
- You work on a modern technology side-project (ML, etc.)
- Can-do mentality, perseverance and willingness to go the extra mile
- Management responsibility in a stimulating, fast-paced and fun environment with flat hierarchies and steep learning curves.
- The opportunity to grow and expand your skills in a dynamic environment, to gain new knowledge and to accept challenges.
- A lot of responsibilities and leeway, as well as the opportunity to work with exceptionally professional and motivated teams.
- Choose the working equipment you prefer and participate in a broad range of team building and company events.
- A wide range of options regarding working times and work locations.
- Our office is in the center of the beautiful "in" part of Munich, Haidhausen, which is easy to reach by car and public transport.
- Attractive compensation models. We design every compensation package individually based on your skills and preferences.
We are looking forward to your application including a cover letter and CV. Please also include your availability and salary expectations.